The information we collect
Personally Identifying Information: We do not require users to provide personally identifying information to access the website’s content. You may choose to contact us through any of the “Contact” inquiry forms or email addresses on our site contact page, and in the process, you may provide your name, email, organization or university, and other information that you choose to share with us. Personally identifying information may be also required if users wish to:
- sign up for email lists;
- submit inquiries;
- apply for employment, if applicable; or
- apply for a program that we offer.
We maintain this information in accordance with this privacy statement.
Personally identifying information submitted via the website may include:
- identification data (e.g., a user’s name),
- contact details (e.g., country, zip or postal code, and email address),
- employment and educational details (e.g. company name, job title, affiliation).
The information we collect is clear when we are collecting it; for example, our contact form asks for your name, affiliated organization or university, and email address.
How we use information collected via this site
Personally Identifying Information: Where you choose to contact us through any of the “Contact” inquiry forms on our website, we may use that information: to respond to your communication or to otherwise communicate with you about the Schmidt Science Fellows program; or, if it is consistent with the reasons for you contacting us in this way, for one of the purposes identified in the Schmidt Science Fellows privacy statement in the drop-down link below.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Enabling+and+disabling+cookies
To the extent the cookies used on this site involves processing of personal data, this is processed for our legitimate interests in conducting basic browser analytics and monitoring site use.
How we share information
Personally Identifying Information: We will not otherwise share personally identifying information collected through the website with any third party, except:
- if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with any applicable laws;
- to respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity;
- to take appropriate or necessary action against liability or fraudulent, abusive or unlawful uses;
- to protect the integrity of our information technology systems; or
- where we reasonably determine that the information you have shared via the site is expected or intended by you to be shared with a specific third party, for example in connection with an event or application. In particular, we may need to disclose your personal information to Schmidt Futures as part of the governance of Schmidt Science Fellows, as further set out in the Schmidt Science Fellows statement below.
We do not sell users’ personally identifying information to third parties.
Browsing Information: We may share browsing information with third parties that we have engaged to help facilitate our use of this information as described above, but do so on an anonymized basis. If we do ask third parties to process personally identifiable data on our behalf then they will only do so under appropriate contractual restrictions.
Keeping your information safe is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personally identifying information and browsing information secure and to only release browsing information to third parties on an anonymized basis. If we do ask third parties to process personally identifiable data on our behalf then they will only do so under appropriate contractual restrictions.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Once you have used these links to leave our site, please note that we have no responsibility for that external site. This privacy statement does not govern other sites. The inclusion of that link on this website does not mean that The Rhodes Trust or the Schmidt Science Fellows program endorses that website, its content, or the organization to which it belongs.